Department of Optometry provides world class eye care and services to Active Duty Service Members and Family Members.
Optometry Service Clinics
- Bennett Health Clinic
- Thomas Moore Health Clinic
- Russell Collier Health Clinic
New Patients and Patients who have not had an eye exam within the last 12 months can contact Central Appointment at 254-288-8888 to book an appointment. Patients may also make an appointment using TRICARE On Line (TOL) www.tricareonline.com
Diabetic Eye Exams - do not require a referral from your Primary Care. Please follow the information above to make an appointment.
- All Active Duty and Active Duty TRICARE Prime patients
- Currently seeing AD Family Members 5 years and older
- Access for TRICARE Prime Retirees and Retiree Family Members
- TRICARE eligible patients enrolled in another MTF who are TDY or traveling needing acute care
- TRICARE For Life
Clinic Services Available
- Routine Eye Exams
- Order Military Eyewear
- Exams for Military Physicals are performed on a walk-in basis during designated times
- Evaluations for Refractive Surgery
- Acute Care
- Spectacle ordering, pick-up, and adjustment
- SRU Screenings
- MEDPROS Updates
- Drivers' license screening
Comprehensive Primary Eye Care
- Comprehensive visual and ocular health assessments to include eye health, accommodative and binocular disorders, and prescriptions for glasses.
- Evaluation and treatment for ocular trauma and eye diseases such as glaucoma, keratoconus, dry eyes, conjunctivitis, keratitis, and blepharitis.
Limited Contact Lens Services
- Therapeutic contact lens fitting for existing medical diagnosis of eye disease
- Cosmetic Contact lens exams are not a TRICARE covered benefit; however, all CRDAMC Optometrists are trained and licensed to complete contact lens exams. You can discuss contact lens options with your eye care provider during the routine eye exam
- Contact lens fitting possible on a case by case basis, if patient is currently wearing lenses, has the most recent prescription and at least one set of lenses. Please bring this information with you to your exam
- Very limited initial fitting for first time contact lens candidates (doctor's discretion).