Department of Optometry provides world class eye care and services to Active Duty Service Members only.
Optometry Service Clinics
- Bennett Health Clinic
- Thomas Moore Health Clinic
- Russell Collier Health Clinic
New Patients and Patients who have not had an eye exam within the last 12 months can contact Patient Appointing Services at (254) 288-8888 to book an appointment. Patients may also make an appointment through secure messaging at patientportal.mhsgenesis.health.mil.
Diabetic Eye Exams - do not require a referral from your Primary Care. Please follow the information above to make an appointment.
- Currently open to Active Duty TRICARE Prime Patients only.
- For Family Members and Retirees, please visit this link for more information on scheduling an eye exam within the TRICARE network.
- Routine Eye Exams
- Order Military Eyewear
- Exams for Military Physicals are performed on a walk-in basis during designated times
- Acute Care
- Spectacle ordering, pick-up, and adjustment
- Drivers' license screening
Comprehensive Primary Eye Care
- Comprehensive visual and ocular health assessments to include eye health, accommodative and binocular disorders, and prescriptions for glasses.
- Evaluation and treatment for ocular trauma and eye diseases such as glaucoma, keratoconus, dry eyes, conjunctivitis, keratitis, and blepharitis.
Limited Contact Lens Services
- Therapeutic contact lens fitting for existing medical diagnosis of eye disease
- Cosmetic Contact lens exams are not a TRICARE covered benefit; however, all CRDAMC Optometrists are trained and licensed to complete contact lens exams. You can discuss contact lens options with your eye care provider during the routine eye exam.
- Contact lens fitting is possible on a case by case basis, but only if the patient is currently wearing lenses, has the most recent prescription, and has at least one set of lenses. Please bring this information with you to your exam.
- No initial fitting services available for first time contact lens candidates.