Does CRDAMC carry my medication?
To find out, you may call us at (254) 288-8800 or search the CRDAMC Formulary
or download the outpatient formulary list
How can I request refills?
Where can I pick up refills?
Refills may be scheduled for pick-up at the following locations. Please allow 3 business days for processing.
- Clear Creek PX Pharmacy
- CRDAMC Main Outpatient Pharmacy
What is the maximum quantity of medication I can receive?
- Get up to a 90-day supply for most medications
- Ask your doctor for a 90-day prescription to minimize trips to the pharmacy
What is the difference between a refill and a renewal?
If your provider authorizes refills on your prescription, you are able to fill your prescription and refill it up to the authorized number of times. However, depending on the type of medication, your prescription will expire within one year or less, including any unused refills. When your prescription expires or you run out of refills, your provider must order a new prescription to continue your medication. This is called a renewal.
What if CRDAMC doesn't carry my medication?
When a medication is prescribed to you that we do not carry, it is called a non-formulary drug. Non-formulary drug requests follow a unique process:
- Many non-formulary drugs have extra paperwork the doctor needs to complete before Pharmacy can fill the prescription. Fort Hood doctors will usually submit a special electronic prescription that includes all the required paperwork.
- Prescriptions from off-post doctors will only be honored if you were referred to that doctor by a Fort Hood provider. If additional paperwork is needed, the doctor should give it to you along with the paper prescription.
- The order is thoroughly reviewed, which may take up to 5 days from the time Pharmacy receives all the paperwork. You will be notified if the request is approved or denied.
- If approved, you will be given the information you need to get your prescription and order refills or renewals, if applicable.
How do I fill an electronic prescription sent from my off-post provider?
Patients must contact the pharmacy directly either in person or by phone to begin the filling process of the electronic prescription. Patients call either the CRDAMC Main Hospital Outpatient Pharmacy at (254) 288-8800 or the Clear Creek Exchange Refill Pharmacy at (254) 618-7024 to request their electronic prescriptions to be filled.