Child and Family Behavioral Health System
Provide accessible, timely Behavioral Health services to military children and families through consultation and collaboration with PCMs. Provide comprehensive evaluations and short term treatment for children and families who exhibit a wide variety of behavioral and psychiatric challenges. Our goal is to provide the most clinically effective and least restrictive level of care to our patients.
Child and Family Behavioral Health System (CAFBHS) services are available for active duty service and family members enrolled to TRICARE Prime. Your primary care manager can make a referral to CAFBHS.
- Psychosocial evaluations and testing
- Inpatient admission referrals
- Short term therapy for individuals, couples, and family
- Medication management
- Referrals to the network as necessary
- Support & education groups
School and Behavioral Health Services
Licensed Clinical Social Workers or Psychologists provide behavioral health services at on-post schools. This program delivers behavioral health care in the child's school environment. School based care can be effective and efficient for parents and children by providing care in an environment the child is comfortable in and reducing the disruption of traveling to and from school to appointments.
- Psychological/psychosocial evaluations
- Psychological/developmental screenings
- Individual/Family Therapies
- Behavioral health care coordination
- Psychoeducational and therapeutic groups
- School/Classroom Observations
Referrals can be made through the School Counselor or by contacting the CAFBHS clinic.
• Provide a range of health promotion and prevention activities
• Assist in the coordination of services between CAFBHS and community resources
• Provide briefings to community partners and on-post organizations
DOD and Veterans Affairs Online Parenting Course
A DoD and Veterans Affairs online parenting course
designed for Service Members and Veterans that provides military parents with the tools needed to strengthen their parenting skills and reconnect with their families. Many of the techniques in the course are specifically tailored to address the unique challenges of military life.
For behavioral health emergencies after normal business hours, please call 911 or go to the nearest emergency room.